The Circle of Hope Pastors are focusing on vision at Circle of Hope Daily Prayer. Since I am on a plane when I usually post, I decided to offer some “vision” posts form last year in case you were ready for the re-run, or in case you missed them. I think all these posts represent significant new learning I was given last year. Thanks Lord.
1) Let’s look at this again — You’re married, right? Posted on July 1, 2013 Aren’t people who “cohabit” essentially married?
2) The Difference between Acceptance and AgreementPosted on December 9, 2013 I encourage Christians who invest too much time in defining their opponents to apply the difference between acceptance and agreement.
3) Why people might not care to be radical Christians Posted on May 20, 2013 Being a radical is tough, over the long haul. And these days, it seems like finding more radicals is even harder than it was to begin with.
4) We’re Getting Schooled to Relate without Jesus Posted on October 21, 2013 It just dawned on me that any number of people begin their relationship with me with an “only if.”
5) Endless Love Chooses Limits Posted on April 8, 2013 God-with-us, who knows the heights and depths and every possibility of our creation, put endless love in limited flesh and made limited flesh full of endless love.
6) It is OK NOT to be WEIRD — the Bible’s many “rights” Posted on October 28, 2013 If you see a world full of individuals, like WEIRD people do, then you’ll want a morality that protects those individuals and their individual rights. Concerns about harm and fairness will be emphasized.
7) Six foundations for being good: let’s stand on all of them Posted on November 4, 2013 I think Jesus followers need to be aware that the Bible also lays out these six foundational ways to be moral lest we choose one that’s ascendant in our territory and start arguing some skewed political position instead of being faithful to the fullness in Jesus.