I committed myself to twenty posts in solidarity with Greta Thunberg and her climate strike movement among high school students (and others). Here is #20. I suspect I will be back with 20 more, someday, since there is much to learn and share in this dire time.
For now, I invite you to check in on what you may have missed. The two entries with an asterisk are the most read, so far, in case you are curious what others find interesting. The entry on Phoenix, in particular, received about five times as much interest as one of my weekly posts.
If you care about climate action, I am with you. It is going to be hard to sustain our efforts when the powers are preoccupied with fighting and fiddling as the Earth burns — they are often in the way. Our experience of community is so weak these days solidarity is hard to find — the pandemic accelerated the development of societal trends and technologies that were already isolating us. But good things are happening, too and people are joining together to make a difference. Even if we fail at keeping under the limits of disaster, I want to fail doing the good I can, don’t you?
- Fridays for the Future #1 — Greta Thunberg at the Youth4Climate event
- Fridays for the Future #2 – Running into the commissioner
- Fridays for the Future #3: Lithium is the new secret ingredient
- Fridays for the Future #4 — PGW, the PUC and RNG: How gov’t gets in the way of climate action
- Fridays for the Future #5 — Catalogs lead to plastic
- Fridays for the Future #6 — Phoenix/Tucson the most unsustainable: It’s about water*
- Fridays for the Future #7: The Climate Wall
- Fridays for the Future #8: U.N. COP26 Climate Summit Ends with a Fizzle
- Fridays for the Future #9: The joy of climate action
- Fridays for the Future #10: My letter from Senator Casey
- FFF #11: Philly Tree People — Climate action street by street
- FFF #12: Climate messages looking for ears to hear
- FFF #13 — Our plans to go solar
- FFF #14 – Climate change anxiety
- FFF #15 — Resilience: The faith factor in climate action
- FFF#16 — SpinLaunch: A potential wonder
- FFF #17 — Brendon Grimshaw and his Seychelles wonder*
- FFF #18 — Farmlink: Young people doing more than speaking their minds
- FFF #19 — Do you live in a C40 city? I do.